My mom used to make chocolate covered pretzels every Christmas. They are so easy to make. All you need is chocolate and pretzels. Today I used white chocolate chips.
My mom used to use a double boiler to met the chocolate, but I just melt the chocolate in the microwave. The key to successfully melting chocolate in the microwave is small amounts of time and stirring in between. Usually I will cook the chocolate in a bowl for about 2 minutes, stir, and then 30 seconds and stir and repeat until the chocolate is smooth. Lay out wax paper while the chocolate is in the microwave. Then you dip the pretzels in the chocolate. Instead of dipping the whole pretzel, I hold on to the pretzel and dip the top. That way your hands don't get as dirty and your chocolate lasts longer. If your chocolate starts to get thick, stick it back in the microwave for 30 more seconds and repeat until your chocolate is smooth again.
If you find your chocolate is not setting up right, put them in the refrigerator and they should harden. They are so yummy.
No comments:
Post a Comment