Thursday, December 10, 2009

O Holy Night

This is some vinyl I did for my friend. She put it on an old cupboard door. She is so creative and I love how it turned out.

Teri owns a company called Piccolina Designs. She designs digital scrapbooking kits and other things in Photoshop.
She had shown me an idea of what she wanted to do for the project and said she could design an image for me to use to cut the vinyl from. The only problem with an image, is it has to be vectorized for me to cut it out on my vinyl machine.
I tried to learn how to vectorize images a few years ago and got very close, but couldn't do it. Since then I have been trying to learn how to use Adobe Illustrator better, but have been having a hard time. There aren't as many tutorials online for it as there are for Photoshop.
I finally committed to learning how to vectorize images once and for all. Plus I figured would be good for my business too. After a lot of trial and error. I finally did it! Come to find out, when I was so close to figuring it out a few years ago there was just one step I was missing, but it was a very important step.
I love learning how to do new things.

No comments:

Post a Comment