I saw this idea on Ucreate when they had guest Lee-la-la on their site. Here is the link to her tutorial on Ucreate: http://www.u-createcrafts.com/2011/05/creative-guest-lee-la-la.html
We got a bunch of shells from a neighbor and wanted to find something fun to do with them. When I saw the sea shell wind chime I knew it was perfect. I just modified some things so I could have some kids from the neighborhood over to make their own.
Since I didn't have any star fish, I had the kids eat popsicle so we could use the popsicle sticks in place of the star fish. None of the kids objected to eating popcicles. After the kids were done we washed the sticks, I drilled holes in the end of the sticks and tied yarn around the sticks to form an x. (If I were to do this again I would suggest just gluing the sticks together with a hot glue gun.)
We got a bunch of shells from a neighbor and wanted to find something fun to do with them. When I saw the sea shell wind chime I knew it was perfect. I just modified some things so I could have some kids from the neighborhood over to make their own.
Since I didn't have any star fish, I had the kids eat popsicle so we could use the popsicle sticks in place of the star fish. None of the kids objected to eating popcicles. After the kids were done we washed the sticks, I drilled holes in the end of the sticks and tied yarn around the sticks to form an x. (If I were to do this again I would suggest just gluing the sticks together with a hot glue gun.)
I didn't have a smaller drill bit we used yarn to hang the shells on. I found it easier to string the shells on with a big quilting needle.
Here is our finished wind chime.
Even though there was a lot more prep work with all of the drilling then I had anticipated because we were making 3, the kids had a fun time making these.
No comments:
Post a Comment