Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Cupcake Liner Puff Balls

I threw a baby shower for a friend tonight. Here is the treat table, I can't take all of the credit for the yummy treats, many friends helped.

 I did however make the Cupcake liner puff balls. I have been seeing cute balls on pinterest lately made out of cupcake liners and styrofoam balls. I ran to the dollar store to get some other things and to see if I could get some cheap styrofoam balls, but they didn't have any. Suddenly I saw these and had a great idea. I could use wiffle balls instead of styrofoam balls. They already have holes to put the cupcake liners in. I got a pack of 100 white cupcake liners. I colored the edges red for one of the puff balls with marker to add color. I then took a pencil and put the eraser in the middle of the cupcake liners and put 1 liner into each of the holes. Here are the final puffballs.

For the sticks I had gotten some bamboo shoots and stuck it in 1 of the ball holes. I liked the look of these, but the cupcake liners fell out much too easily. Next time I would add some glue around the edge of each hole and then put the cupcake liner in so they wouldn't fall out so easy. So if you make these I highly recommend you follow that advice. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment