I keep seeing really cute fabric flowers, but having 3 boys, I don't get to make a ton of flower bows and barrettes.
I had a wreath I made last year,
but I took it apart to make a St. Patrick's Day wreath, so I was in need of a new Valentine's wreath. I figured this would be the perfect chance to make some fabric flowers and add them to a project I did with Becky, Ruth, Elizabeth and Emily that I never finished because I just couldn't figure out how I wanted to finish it.
To make the base of the door hanger, it is an old frame we got at the DI. We then painted the frame black. Got bead board at home depot and cut it to fit on the inside of the frame, painted it white and antiqued it.
I decided hot big I wanted the Welcome and then cut it out in black vinyl and applied it. I decided how big of a heart I wanted to fill in with fabric flowers and cut it out with my cricut. Then I traced the heart with a pencil onto the base for a guide.

If you look closely you can see the pencil line.
I had a wreath I made last year,
but I took it apart to make a St. Patrick's Day wreath, so I was in need of a new Valentine's wreath. I figured this would be the perfect chance to make some fabric flowers and add them to a project I did with Becky, Ruth, Elizabeth and Emily that I never finished because I just couldn't figure out how I wanted to finish it.
To make the base of the door hanger, it is an old frame we got at the DI. We then painted the frame black. Got bead board at home depot and cut it to fit on the inside of the frame, painted it white and antiqued it.
I decided hot big I wanted the Welcome and then cut it out in black vinyl and applied it. I decided how big of a heart I wanted to fill in with fabric flowers and cut it out with my cricut. Then I traced the heart with a pencil onto the base for a guide.
If you look closely you can see the pencil line.
I then made 21 fabric flowers. I laid them out and spaced them before gluing it to the base. I used hot glue to attach the flowers. here is the finished door hanger.
I was happy with how it turned out.
No comments:
Post a Comment