I participated in a Mother's Day Craft Exchange with a mom's group I am a part of. The rules are it needed to be homemade and there was a $10 limit. I signed up and thought it would be easy to come up with an idea...but I had a harder time coming up with a gift then I thought I would. My giftee lives in Canada and I didn't want to spend 3 times more on shipping then I did on making the gift so I decided to do something small. The giftee said she liked something that was practical and that she likes to knit. I decided to crochet her a project bag and to make a knitting needle roll.
I used this pattern: http://www.lionbrand.com/patterns/60551.html?newreg=1&r=1 It is a free market bag pattern from lion brand yarn. I thought it needed something more, so I added a bow that I wove around the bag and made it from the fabric I used for the knitting needle holder.I wanted a big bag so she could fit a few knitting projects in it, but it turned out to be a lot bigger then I had anticipated. This is a picture of my 21 month old next to the bag. It was HUGE! But definitely can hold a lot.
Here is the knitting needle roll I made. I hope to make a tutorial one day. I have all of the measurements and pictures to do it, I just need to find the time.
I hope my giftee likes her gift.

No comments:
Post a Comment