Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Dollar Store Christmas Wreath

I got this idea from when we made our Easter egg wreaths. I had the idea to make a similar wreath using Christmas Ornaments.
I made the base out of cardboard

Then I bought a 15 foot garland from the dollar store and circled it around the cardboard. I secured the garland by poking holes in the cardboard and weaving pipe cleaners in and out of the cardboard.

I then stacked ornaments (all bought from the dollar store) and glued them down with hot glue. I bought a tin sign (also from the dollar store) and put it in the middle of the wreath in place of a ribbon.
The only problem I ran into is I should have cut the cardboard just a little smaller. It was showing a little around the edges. I plan on trimming it a little more so it isn't showing. Overall I was pretty happy with how the wreath turned out.

1 comment:

  1. That's a great idea to use cardboard! I love not having to use those expensive foam wreaths! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete