Friday, June 10, 2011

Family Vinyl Sign

I signed up to make a sign for a service auction. I remembered the afternoon before we were leaving to go out of town so I didn't have much time to make one. I saw a really cute sign on Crafty Chic Mommy here: http://craftychicmommy.blogspot.com/2011/04/glass-vinyl-sign-knockoff.html and decided to use hers as inspiration for my sign.
I found this frame at the DI for $1!
I took the glass out and sanded the outside of the frame, then painted it black. While I was waiting for the paint to dry I washed the glass. I then came up with a saying I wanted to use, printed the vinyl on my vinyl machine and applied it.
I kept the tabs on the frame when I removed the glass & back of the picture and was able to secure the glass with the tabs on the back of the frame. If you use a frame without tabs you can hot glue the glass to the frame.

I really liked how the sign turned out and might have to make one for myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment