Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Chicken Noodle Soup

My friend Becky makes the BEST chicken noodle soup. We have had it for dinner at her house several times. My husband and I came to a conclusion that the homemade noodles really make a difference.
Today for dinner I thought I would attempt to make her chicken noodle soup recipe from scratch, noodles and all. This was the first time I had ever attempted making noodles on my own. When I first looked at the recipe I thought to myself, "That recipe can't make that many noodles, I better double it." So that is exactly what I did, I doubled the noodle recipe.
I didn't have any noodle drying racks, so I just took two cups and skewers to make my own noodle drying racks. It worked pretty well.
Boy was I wrong on needing to double the noodle recipe. I had plenty of noodles for a gallon of soup and still had tons left over. Here is a dinner plate of the left over noodles that couldn't fit in the soup. lol
The soup was great, even my kids loved it. If you like to make chicken noodle soup I totally recommend making your own noodles, just be sure NOT to double it.

No comments:

Post a Comment