With only 2 1/2 weeks until baby boy #3 is due and probably 10 days until I have him, I figured it is time to get some projects done. I wanted to make a car seat cover. I searched for a tutorial to follow over on pinterest, my new favorite site! I found this one at http://www.vanillajoy.com/diy-car-seat-cover.html It was written well, very easy to follow and fast. Thank you Kelsey. :)
I just did a zigzag stitch around the edge.
In the tutorial it said to make fabric straps to attach the cover to the car seat. Where I am having a boy I didn't want it to be to frilly. So instead I got matching ribbon and made loops and attached them with snaps. The hardest part was trying to figure out where to put the loops so it would attach to the handle right. If that tells you anything it would be at how easy this project is! So if you have always wanted to try and sew a car seat cover, don't hesitate, you can do it!
No comments:
Post a Comment