We were threw a baby shower for our neighbor who already has two girls, but is having her first boy. Here is the invite I made.
I was in charge of making some decorations too and unfortunately I procrastinated. I was making decorations late the night before.
I made some baby blocks by cutting 2 x 4's, routed the edges and then I stained the blocks. I then cut out the vinyl lettering on my vinyl machine and tied some ric rac on one of the blocks.

The next thing I wanted to make was a banner. I have seen those fabric banners and think the are so cute, but they look like they could be time consuming. So Instead of fabric I decided to use brown paper bags. I thought it would look good with the stained blocks.
First I took the bag.
Then I cut 2 diagonal cuts, make sure the bottom of the bag is at the top when making the cuts.I made some baby blocks by cutting 2 x 4's, routed the edges and then I stained the blocks. I then cut out the vinyl lettering on my vinyl machine and tied some ric rac on one of the blocks.
The next thing I wanted to make was a banner. I have seen those fabric banners and think the are so cute, but they look like they could be time consuming. So Instead of fabric I decided to use brown paper bags. I thought it would look good with the stained blocks.
First I took the bag.
I then traced the letters and the edge of the pennants with a brown marker to give it more depth.
I then added Ric-rack to the bags for decoration.
I then hung the pennants on a piece of string between our neighbors pillars. I wish I would have gotten a better picture of the banner, but this is the best I got. I think next time I would put the letters closer together and added more ribbon or ric-rac, but I guess that is what I get for procrastinating, right? :) For how little time it took, I was happy with the outcome.




No comments:
Post a Comment