Saturday, February 13, 2010

Adding Fun Symbols to your Blog and Early Valentine's Day Treats

My friend Bry had posted about how to add symbols to your blog. I thought this was perfect to add to my creative blog today because I wanted to use the ♥ symbol. Here are other fun symbols you can add:☺☻♥♦♣♠•◘○. She used this Yahoo answer to figure it out: http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20091214193523AAQqHQS All you do is hold down the Alt and fn button and then the corresponding number with the symbol you want to add, the heart is 3, and then let go of all of the keys at the same time. Your symbol should show up. :)

I know I am a day early, but decided to make Valentine's Day treats today. This morning I made heart pancakes and I wrote out I ♥ U and made a bunch of hearts.

The reason I decided to make these early is because I bought the strawberries a few days ago and didn't want them to go bad. They were so easy to make and tasted really good.

For the chocolate I used this:(in the past I have just used chocolate chips)It was clearance after Christmas for $.79 a package. I liked using this chocolate, it set up really fast. I also made chocolate covered pretzels.

To drizzle the chocolate I just melted the chocolate in a bowl and then dipped a spoon in the melted chocolate. As the chocolate was running off the spoon I ran it over the pretzels and some of the Strawberries. My husband doesn't like white chocolate or I would have drizzled more strawberries.
I just melted the chocolate in the microwave, for tips on melting the chocolate in the microwave click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment