Today my friend Bry came over. We decorated some Valentine's Day Cookies and then took them around to a few of our friends.
I've already had a few people ask how I made the frosting and what the secret is to getting the color so bright. The secret is I just used the Betty Crocker Cookie icing. I wish I could take credit for making the icing, but I had some that I wanted to use up.
I also tried a new sugar cookie recipe. Here it is:
(I will post it when I get it again from Bry. I accidentally threw it away, whoops)
**Update** Here is the recipe that I had to get from Bry again. :)
Soft Sugar cookies, by Linda Wayment
Ingredients:
1 3/4 c. Flour
1t. baking Powder1/2 t. salt
1/2 t. nutmeg
2Tbs. evaporated milk
1/2 c. shortening
1/2 t. vanilla
3/4 c. sugar
1 egg
Instructions:
Cream shortening, sugar, egg, milk, vanilla and lemon extracts. Add dry ingredients. Mix and chill. Roll dough 1/4 inch thick, and cut into shapes. Make at 375 -degrees for 6-8 minutes.

No comments:
Post a Comment