I made some banana bread today and thought I would share the recipe.
1 1/4 c. Sugar
1/2 c. butter or margarine, softened
2 Large Eggs
1 1/2 c. mashed very ripe bananas (3 medium)
1/2 c. buttermilk (I use regular milk and it turns out just fine)
1 t. vanilla
2 1/2 c. all purpose flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt
1 c. chopped nuts (optional)
Directions:
1) Move oven rack to low position so that tops of pans will be in the center of oven. Heat oven to 350 degrees. Grease bottoms only of 2 loaf pans, 8 1/2x4 1/2 x 2 1/2 inches or 1 loaf pan, 9 x 5 x 3 inches with shortening.
2) Mix sugar and butter in large bowl. Stir in eggs until well blended. Stir in bananas, buttermilk and vanilla; beat until smooth. Stir in flour, baking soda and salt just until moistened. Stir in nuts. Divide batter evenly between pans.
3) Bake 8-inch loaves about 1 hour, 9-inch loaf about 1 hour 15 minutes, or until toothpick inserted comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes in pans on wire rack.
4) Loosen sides of loaves from pans; remove from pans and place top side up on wire rack. Cool completely , about 2 hours before slicing. (I usually only wait about 10 minutes, the bread is so good when it is hot and right out of the oven) Wrap tightly and store at room temperature up to 4 days, or refrigerate up to 10 days.
This recipe I found in the Betty Crocker Cookbook, Bridal Edition. I got the cookbook from my Aunt Judy for our wedding and love how easy and basic the recipes are. Plus it is a recipe that uses basic cooking ingredients that I have around the house.
1/2 c. butter or margarine, softened
2 Large Eggs
1 1/2 c. mashed very ripe bananas (3 medium)
1/2 c. buttermilk (I use regular milk and it turns out just fine)
1 t. vanilla
2 1/2 c. all purpose flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt
1 c. chopped nuts (optional)
Directions:
1) Move oven rack to low position so that tops of pans will be in the center of oven. Heat oven to 350 degrees. Grease bottoms only of 2 loaf pans, 8 1/2x4 1/2 x 2 1/2 inches or 1 loaf pan, 9 x 5 x 3 inches with shortening.
2) Mix sugar and butter in large bowl. Stir in eggs until well blended. Stir in bananas, buttermilk and vanilla; beat until smooth. Stir in flour, baking soda and salt just until moistened. Stir in nuts. Divide batter evenly between pans.
3) Bake 8-inch loaves about 1 hour, 9-inch loaf about 1 hour 15 minutes, or until toothpick inserted comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes in pans on wire rack.
4) Loosen sides of loaves from pans; remove from pans and place top side up on wire rack. Cool completely , about 2 hours before slicing. (I usually only wait about 10 minutes, the bread is so good when it is hot and right out of the oven) Wrap tightly and store at room temperature up to 4 days, or refrigerate up to 10 days.
This recipe I found in the Betty Crocker Cookbook, Bridal Edition. I got the cookbook from my Aunt Judy for our wedding and love how easy and basic the recipes are. Plus it is a recipe that uses basic cooking ingredients that I have around the house.
Angie, I made this exact bread yesterday! How funny. I couldn't find my bread pans, so I used a mini bundt pan. It turned out awesome.
ReplyDelete