Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Making Shamrocks

My niece came over today and I wanted to do a fun St. Patrick's Day craft. I couldn't really find something we could do last minute with things we had on hand. So I came up with my own craft. We made hand print shamrocks.
First I painted one hand.
Then I had them make a hand print on paper. I used some construction paper.

I then painted their hand again and had them make another hand print. Repeat this step until there are 4 hand prints. Like this:

I then had them help me paint a stem. My 4 year old painted this stem.

To finish, refer to the first picture. :) I traced around the handprints/shamrock leaves with a green marker and used then decorative scissors to cut out around the lines.
The kids had a lot of fun making this craft and thought it tickled when I painted their hands. Just be careful that the kids don't get paint on their clothes if you are using non-washable paint.
Happy St. Patrick's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment