Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Clipping Masks and Brushes Revisited

Teri came over to day to get some pictures of M today. While she was here she taught me some other things to do and the shortcuts with them. I asked her about brushes and if you could make any image into a brush. She said yes and showed me how to make Kai into a custom brush. First we had to change the photo with a photocopy technique then select Kai's head and erase everything around his head. Then we went through and saved it as a custom brush. To show what the brush looked like I just stamped it on a red paper. I thought it turned out great.

The second thing she showed me was how to do clipping masks with custom shapes. I found this picture of Ryker from his first Christmas and wanted to use a Christmas Tree custom shape. The tree wasn't as Christmasy as we were hoping, but it was good enough for her to teach me how to do the technique. Thanks for your help Teri. =)

1 comment:

  1. The stamp did turn out really well. We are seriously going to have to schedule a time to just hang out and photoshop.

    ReplyDelete