Thursday, September 9, 2010

Halloween Jars

Today we went to Bry's sister-in-law's house and Bry had a fun craft for us to do. She has seen something similar to these Halloween jars, but couldn't remember where they were. So we improvised and came up what we thought they should look like. We decorated the jars by using tissue paper and Mod Podge and used quart size, wide mouth jars.
My favorite jar I did was the Frankenstein jar.
You are supposed to put votive candles or the little battery operated candles in the jars. That way the light illuminates the tissue paper. I still have to go and buy some.
Since we didn't have a tutorial to follow I told Bry she should write one so I can link it to my blog. I will have to add the link when she gets the tutorial written up. Thanks Bry for the fun project and it was great to finally meet Heather.

1 comment:

  1. I already commented on Bre's blog. I love these. I actually am saving my baby food jars to use for this. I think I will try and make a whole bunch and string them on a white light set. Now, just to find the time.

    ReplyDelete