My 5 year old loves skeletons, so when I saw this craft I knew we had to do it. I found it on the Blog: All Good Things Come to Them Who Thwaits. Here: http://themarvelousmrsm.blogspot.com/2009/10/reusing-milk-containers-for-halloween_28.html
For the face I drew circles and an outline for the mouth. I then had my 5 year old color them in. I have a picture of my 2 year old coloring on a milk jug, but it wasn't one that was a part of the skeleton. He used crayola markers and my older son used a sharpie. I learned my lesson, never use crayola markers on plastic milk jugs. You can see why in this picture along with a later picture.
I did all of the cutting. I found it easiest to use the exacto knife to get a slit in the milk jug and the I used scissors to cut out the rest of each bone. I had my oldest thread the wire through the holes and he also helped figure out how the bones went together.
Here is our finished skeleton.
My boys with the finished skeleton. Notice all of the marker that got on my 2 year old's face and hands from the milk carton, thankfully it is washable marker. :)
My kids had a great time making this and thought our skeleton was really neat. Thanks for the fun tutorial Marisa.


Your skeleton turned out so cute! I'm glad you were able to use my tutorial and thanks for the credit :) Hope you have a spook-tacular Halloween!
ReplyDeleteI saw your link at ALL GOOD THINGS COME TO THEM THAT THWAITS and love how yours turned out! I made a skeleton yesterday and it's so much fun seeing all the unique skeletons that everyone makes!
ReplyDelete