Friday, October 29, 2010

Welcome to the Zoo - Hybrid Project

I had seen an idea on how to make a drum awhile ago on The Crafting Chicks here: http://thecraftingchicks.com/2010/09/make-me-some-music-homemade-music-makers.html I have been wanting them, but needed some cute paper. When I saw the new Welcome to the Zoo Kit, that you can buy here:http://ahhhscrap.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=10&products_id=3805 .
I used an old formula can from my sister for the drum. First I measured the can and figured out how wide and long I needed to design the outside. I had to do my design on 2 pages since my printer only prints 8 1/2 x11. Then I designed the outside for the drum in photoshop, so designed in the outside in a workspace of 8 1/2 x 11 with a resolution of 300. Here is a sample of what I came up with.

I then printed out the 2 pages on my printer at home, trimmed the edges and attached the papers with adhesive photo squares.

Here is the final drum.
I LOVED all of the animals and papers of this kit, they are adorable! I definitely recommend getting this kit!

2 comments:

  1. Very cute Angie! I love all you fun projects!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did it again!!! I love seeing the kits actually printed out and used. I will post it latter today!

    ReplyDelete