Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Pre-School Halloween Party

I signed up to be in charge of my son's pre-school Halloween party and thought I would share what we did.
First we played pin the nose on the pumpkin. I made drew this pumpkin on some poster board and then cut triangle noses out of paper and wrote each kid's name on the nose, blindfolded them and let them try and pin the nose on the pumpkin.
We then played a game where I filled balloons with letters and spiders rings. The kids had to pop the balloons to find all of the letters for our puzzle. Once all of the letters were found I had them match up the right color and letter on the poster board.
We then played ghost bowling. This idea was from my friend Becky. I borrowed her kids bowling set and dressed them up like ghosts. To cover the 6 ghosts I bought a yard of white fabric and cut it up into 6 equal pieces. I then draped the fabric over the pin and tied ribbon around the neck. Then I drew faces on the ghosts with a brown permanent marker. We used a pumpkin to bowl over the ghosts. I thought they turned out to be so cute!
Last we had a cupcake walk. I made some pumpkin and witch squares with numbers on each one and had the kids walk around in a circle. I played some Halloween music and when I stopped the music they stopped on a number. I would then draw from corresponding numbers from a bucket and who ever was on the paper, they would get a cupcake. I individually wrapped the cupcakes in disposable cups. I saw this idea somewhere else, but LOVED the idea that they are so easy for the kids to take them home.
The party was a success and the kids had a great time playing all of the games I put together.

No comments:

Post a Comment