Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Our Scarecrow

Our friend threw a really fun scarecrow party on September 24th. She had us bring clothes for the scarecrow. I wanted to put him on a shelf in our house so I got some of my boys' old clothes. The pants and shirt were a 24 month size. She had cut a lower case "t" out of wood to help support the body. We them tied off the arms and legs with raffia. Then we filled the shirt and pants with newspaper. We put wire in the pant belt loops and then secured it to the wooden "t". The head was cut out of an old pillow case and then I stitched it closed with black yarn and turned it inside out. Then the head was filled with newspaper and I made the face out of felt.
It was such a fun party and I liked seeing what every ones scarecrows looked like. Thanks B&B.

No comments:

Post a Comment