I needed to send out a lot of thank you notes and wanted to make something to go with them. I decided to make some tile magnets. I went to Lowe's and got tiles that were similar to this. I should have gotten a picture before I took it apart. The tile square I got was $3.48 and the tiles were bigger there was 36 on a square, but I wanted to post this picture to give you on idea on what I used.
I pulled and used the exacto knife to cut the tiles apart. Because I cut them apart the backs were a little messy, but figured you won't really see the backs once the magnet is hanging. I then hot glued the magnet on. I suggest spending a little more on the magnets because if they are too weak it won't hold the tile on the fridge.
I then cut "Joy" out in vinyl and stuck it on the front of the tile. I needed to give out 25 thank yous, so in this picture it is only some of the tiles I made. Along with the tile I made a thank you tag that said, "Thank you for finding the "Joy" in serving."
It only cost me around $9 to make all 25 tiles. It does help that I have a vinyl machine, but you could mod podge pictures on the tiles or print out words on decorative paper. There is a lot you can do with this idea.

No comments:
Post a Comment